Curriculum Vitae Dietmar Quandt
- 1993-1999 studies in biology at the University of Bonn, University of St. Andrews/Scotland and the Freie Universität Berlin. Study areas: landscape ecology and environmental protection, soil science & biochemistry. (Diplom 1999; KAS).
- 1999-2002 PhD at the Nees with Jan-Peter Frahm („Molecular evolution and phylogenetic utility of non-coding DNA: addressing relationships among pleurocarpous mosses“; DFG).
2003 "BiodIberia"-PostDoc with Jesus Muñoz (Real Jardin Botanico Madrid/Spain; EU).
2003-2004 PostDoc at VirginiaTech in the lab of Khidir Hilu (Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg/USA; DAAD).
2004-2008 Assistant professor at the lab of Christoph Neinhuis (Technische Universität Dresden); Habilitation 2006 („Phylogenetic inferences within land plant lineages: insights from molecules“).
Since 2008 Professor for Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution at the Nees Institute for Biodiversity of Plants;
Head of the molecular labs and project leader GMO (S1).
Head of the Herbarium BONN.
- biannually executive director of the institute.
- Awards & miscellaneous
- 2013-2015 acting president of the „International Association of Bryologists“
- Since 2009 councilor of the „International Association of Bryologists“
- Awards: 2009 Hattori-Prize
Editor-in-Chief of Bryophyte Diversity and Evolution
- Evolution of land plants
- Biodiversity assessments & DNA-barcoding
- Microstructural evolution & secondary structures of RNA/DNA
- DNA sequence alignments
- Molecular evolution: introns, genes & genomes